Odgovori 

Ocena Teme:
  • 0 Glasova - 0 Prosečno
t a tough schedule: They played pre
01-20-2016, 03:18 AM
Poruka: #1
t a tough schedule: They played pre
The San Jose Sharks signed defenceman Justin Braun to a five-year, $19 million contract extension on Wednesday. Chandler Jones Patriots Jersey . The deal begins with the 2015-16 season and pays $3.8 million in each of the five seasons. The 27-year-old averaged nearly 21 minutes of ice time per night for San Jose last season and had four goals and 13 assists in 82 games. "Justin has emerged as one of our most well-rounded and dependable defensemen," said Sharks general manager Doug Wilson in a statement. "Hes an excellent skater who excels in matching up against the opponents top players on a nightly basis and fits in well with our core group of younger players. We feel Justin has just scratched the surface of his talent and we are excited to have him under contract for the next six seasons." Braun was San Joses seventh-round pick in the 2007 Draft. He has eight goals and 38 assists in 217 NHL contests, all with the Sharks. Malcom Brown Womens Jersey . His absence against the Celtics comes a day after he scored 43 points in the Heats 100-96 win at Cleveland. Scott Chandler Youth Jersey . He also won two tournaments in 2013 and thrilled Canadian fans by reaching the final of the Rogers Cup last summer. He capped his impressive year Thursday by winning the Lionel Conacher Award as the 2013 Canadian Press male athlete of the year. COLUMBUS, Ohio -- When opposing teams scout No. 3 Ohio State, they seldom notice Lenzelle Smith Jr. Buckeyes coach Thad Matta hopes they keep ignoring him. Smith scored 19 points and No. 3 Ohio State pulled away early to beat Bryant 86-48 on Wednesday night. "I think Lenzelle has been tremendous -- nobodys asked me about him this year," Matta said. "But I think hes playing at a very, very high level of being a complete basketball player." Smith, a 6-foot-4 senior guard who does a little of everything, hit 6 of 9 shots from the field including half of his four 3-point attempts. He had eight rebounds and three assists. "I put a lot of work into my game offensively over the summer. And my confidence is off the charts," he said. "My teammates are stretching the defence and are able to find me wide open. A lot of teams, for some reason, are (not guarding) me and Im getting great looks at the basket. Im just driving my legs and trying to get the most arc I can on the ball -- and its falling." There isnt much about Smith that grabs peoples attention. Point guard Aaron Craft is the tough guy who may be as good a defender on the ball as anyone in the country. Swingman LaQuinton Ross is 6-8 with a velvet shooting touch. Sam Thompson comes off the bench to make high-flying dunks. Shannon Scott and big man Amir Williams are game-changing defenders. And then theres Smith. He leads the Buckeyes (9-0) in scoring with 12.9 points a game. Hes shooting 53 per cent from the field, 48 per cent behind the arc and 74 per cent at the free throw line. He adds 5.1 rebounds and 1.5 assists per game -- and may be Ohio States best help defender. "Theyre so talented. Thats whats hard about playing them," Bryant coach Tim OShea said. "Who do you really want to leave open? Theyre just an elite team; a very, very, very elite team." Williams added 12 points and nine rebounds for the Buckeyes, who rolled from the outset of the early round game in the Blackrock Gotham Classic. It will conclude on Dec. 21 with the Buckeyes meeting Notre Dame at Madison Square Garden. The Bulldogs (6-5) hung around with the Buckeyes for a while, but then went scoreless over the last 5:25 of the first half and watched the Buckeyes close with an 8-0 run to take a 43-23 lead. Rob Ninkovich Womens Jersey. Ohio State then scored the first five points of the second half before Dan Garvins layup ended a drought of 6:40. By then, it was all over. Ohio State has lost focus from time to time against lesser teams after it has taken a big early lead. Not this time. "That was one of the things we talked about in shootaround -- trying to sustain intensity and effort and to keep the focus on the things that we need to get better at," Matta said. "We did a pretty decent job with that." Dyami Starks had 16 points for Bryant, which was playing its second game in three nights. The Bulldogs lost at Notre Dame, 70-59, on Monday night. Starks came in averaging 22.1 points a game, eighth-best in Division I. He had scored at least 20 in five games and 30 in three others. But he was held to 5-of-15 shooting from the field. The Buckeyes led 8-7 early and then scored 14 of the next 18 points to take command. For the game, they shot 52 per cent on 32 of 61. They hit 8 of 20 3-pointers (40 per cent). With Ohio State denying points inside or off the break, Bryant shot 28 per cent from the field (16 of 58). It was 6 of 24 from behind the arc. "I looked at the scores coming in and very few teams have scored 60 points on them -- and they play fast," OShea said. "So I do think that defensively they play national-championship calibredefence." The Bulldogs dropped to 0-5 all-time against Big Ten opponents. Talk about a tough schedule: They played preseason No. 1 Indiana in the opener a year ago -- in their first official game in Division I. They lost that game 97-54. The Buckeyes appear to have everything clicking right now. "Were making great finds, were reading each other," Smith said. "We have great guards on the perimeter and were able to attack the defence and penetrate and kick the ball out. Thats what you want to do. Our shooting has increased over the last three or four games and we want to just keep rolling." cheap jerseys cheap jerseys cheap nfl jerseys Ray Ban Outlet Michael Kors Outlet Michael Kors Sale Cheap Michael Kors ' ' '
Pronađi sve korisnikove poruke
Citiraj ovu poruku u odgovoru
Odgovori 

Skoči na Forum:

Korisnik(a) pregleda ovu temu: