Odgovori 

Ocena Teme:
  • 0 Glasova - 0 Prosečno
d a new manager to replace Leyland,
12-02-2015, 10:33 AM
Poruka: #1
d a new manager to replace Leyland,
ANAHEIM, Calif. -- Steve Blake scored 13 of his 19 points in the third quarter, Pau Gasol and Nick Young each had 16, and the Los Angeles Lakers beat the Utah Jazz 111-106 Friday night in the preseason finale for both teams. Gordon Hayward led Utah with 18 points and seven rebounds, and Alec Burks had 18 off the bench. Rudy Gobert got 12 of his 16 points in the fourth quarter to help the Jazz keep it close. A moment of silence was observed at Honda Center for Hall of Famer Bill Sharman, who coached the Lakers to their first NBA championship in Los Angeles in 1971-72 -- when they won a franchise-record 69 games and a league-record 33 in a row. Sharman died Friday at age 87 after suffering a stroke last Saturday. He had been a special consultant with the organization for the previous 23 seasons. Trailing by 15 points after three, the Jazz got as close as 100-96 on Lester Hudsons 3-pointer with 5:41 remaining. Hayward led Utah to a 53-51 halftime lead with 16 points, eight of them at the end of a 19-2 run that turned an 11-point deficit into a 48-42 advantage with 2:27 left in the second quarter. But the Lakers opened the third with a 20-6 run that put them ahead 71-59, and they increased the margin to 88-73 on Blakes 3-pointer with 8.4 seconds left in the quarter. The Lakers finished the preseason 4-4. It was their first training camp under coach Mike DAntoni, who was hired five games into last season after the team started out 1-4 under Mike Brown. The Lakers open the regular season Tuesday night against the Clippers, who won all four meetings last season. Utah will host Oklahoma City in its opener on Wednesday night after finishing its exhibition schedule a league-worst 1-7. "Im looking forward to it," coach Tyrone Corbin said. "Weve made some great strides in the exhibition season. Were starting over in some ways, so performance and consistency is going to be a key for us, along with how were going to perform in certain situations. "Its going to be different and theres going to be a lot of adjustments, so we have to make sure we stay on top of it and keep ourselves growing as much as we can." Mike Evans Buccaneers Jersey .ca! Kerry, Two nights after the Scott-Eriksson incident in Buffalo, the Bruins returned home to play San Jose. In that game, Zdeno Chara put a check on Tommy Wingels that clearly targeted his head. Chris Conte Jersey . On June 12, just as the sun sets on the magnificent historical city of Sao Paulo the inventors, innovators and purveyors of “joga bonitowill” open their campaign. The opponent, Croatia and all its football might and will. As opposites do attract we are set for a corker of an opener. http://www.buccaneersstoreonline.com/Customized/ . -- For the first time in two months, an opponent was standing up to Alabama. Lavonte David Womens Jersey . Barcelona also left injured defenders Carles Puyol, Javier Mascherano and Jordi Alba out of its squad for the trip to Glasgow. That means that Marc Bartra will probably start again in the centre of the defence alongside Gerard Pique. Warren Sapp Womens Jersey . Cuban testified Thursday that he was upset when the companys CEO told him news that would reduce the value of his shares, for which hed paid $7.5 million. But he said he did nothing improper when he sold those shares over the next two days. DETROIT -- A picture of Jim Leylands face stared out from the video board at an empty Comerica Park, next to that familiar Olde English "D" and a message that said simply: "Thank You Jim." After eight seasons managing the Tigers, including three division titles and two American League pennants, Leyland stepped down Monday. His voice cracking at times, his hands wiping away tears at others, he announced his departure two days after Detroit was eliminated by Boston in the AL championship series. "Its been a thrill," the 68-year-old Leyland said during a news conference at the ballpark. "I came here to change talent to team, and I think with the help of this entire organization, I think weve done that. Weve won quite a bit. Im very grateful to have been a small part of that." Leyland made his managerial debut with the Pittsburgh Pirates in 1986, and from Barry Bonds to Miguel Cabrera, hes managed some of the sports biggest stars and been involved in some of baseballs most memorable games over the past quarter-century. In 1992, his Pirates lost Game 7 of the NLCS when Atlanta rallied in the bottom of the ninth inning. Five years later, Leyland won his only World Series title as manager when his Florida Marlins beat Cleveland in an 11-inning thriller in Game 7. Hes experienced some of the highest highs the game has to offer, but also endured difficult rebuilding periods in both Pittsburgh and Florida. After one season with the Colorado Rockies, Leyland didnt manage at all from 2000-05 before Detroit hired him. Leyland led the Tigers to the World Series immediately after taking over in 2006, losing to St. Louis in five games. The Tigers went to the World Series again in 2012 but were swept by San Francisco. Leyland worked under one-year contracts the last couple of years, saying he was content to wait until after the season to address his status. He was reflective late this season, mentioning to reporters that he had already managed the Tigers longer than he had expected they would keep him, but he also said in September that he still loved the atmosphere, the competition and his team. In fact, hed actually told general manager Dave Dombrowski in early September that he didnt want to return as manager. He expects to remain with the organization in some capacity after going 700-597 as Tigers manager. "Im not totally retiring today, Im just not going to be in the dugout anymore," Leyland said. "I hope and pray that you give the next manager the same respect and the same chance that you gave me." Leyland says his health is fine, but its time to stop managing. He said he started weighing his decision around June. "I started thinking this was getting a little rough. I thought that the fuel was getting a little low," Leyland said. "I knew that Id get through it because I knew wed be playing for something." The Tigers figure to contend again next year, which may lead Dombrowski to look for a proven commodity who can come in and manage. Kirk Gibson, who led Detroit to the 1984 World Series title as a player, is now managing in Arizona, but Diamondbbacks president Derrick Hall tried to quash any speculation that Gibson would return to the Tigers.dddddddddddd "We would not grant permission (to the Tigers to talk to Gibson) if asked because we want him here, and he told me this morning he has no interest in leaving," Hall said. Detroits players found out about Leylands departure after Saturday nights game in Boston, where the Red Sox won Game 6 to take the series. "Youve got your head down, you lost and the seasons over, and then Jim dropped that bomb on us," outfielder Torii Hunter said. "I just had a feeling that it could have been his last year. All year, he was kind of emotional, and I just felt it." Leyland said there was no announcement Saturday because he wanted the focus to be on the victorious Red Sox. However, he was honest about how much this defeat hurt. "With all due respect to the Boston Red Sox -- who earned it, they won it, they deserve to be where they are -- I truly believe the Detroit Tigers should be playing here tomorrow," Leyland said. "This is one thats going to stick with me, this is one that really hurts, because I really felt like we let it get away." When Leyland arrived at the Tigers spring training camp this year, it marked 50 seasons since he first showed up there as an 18-year-old prospect. His playing career never amounted to much, but his accomplishments as a manager over more than two decades have been impressive. He is 1,769-1,728 overall during stints with the Tigers, Pirates, Marlins and Rockies. "I had sent him a text yesterday morning, just to congratulate he and the organization," Boston manager John Farrell said. "Not only on a great team and a great year, and express the respect we have for him and certainly personally have for him throughout his career. To see the announcement today, and listen to him and know that early September this was clearly in his mind, that surprised me." When Leyland took over the Tigers, they had gone 12 years without a winning season. During his tenure, they finished under .500 only once. Detroit has become one of baseballs glamour teams of late, with stars like Cabrera, Justin Verlander and Max Scherzer helping the team win games and draw fans. Cabrera won the Triple Crown and MVP award last year. Verlander won the MVP and Cy Young Award the previous season. "Its been as much fun for me to manage Ramon Santiago as it has Miguel Cabrera, Justin Verlander," Leyland said. "Now in saying that, it was also an honour to manage the Triple Crown winner, an MVP, a Cy Young winner." The Tigers should be able to keep their core of players mostly together for next season, but now theyll need to find a new manager to replace Leyland, who always earned high marks for his ability to keep his veterans focused. "He really cares deeply about his players," utility man Don Kelly said. "When you go out there, the way he treats you, you want to run through a wall for him, go out there and get a win. Thats the way he treated me. He treated everybody like that." cheap nfl jerseys cheap jerseys cheap jerseys cheap jerseys cheap nfl jerseys wholesale jerseys ' ' '
Pronađi sve korisnikove poruke
Citiraj ovu poruku u odgovoru
03-08-2023, 02:07 PM
Poruka: #2
RE: d a new manager to replace Leyland,
XVII96.2MONTBettSusahaelJeweJeanWrigClydRallDekoLaceIndeBriaHannTescTescSkarGustMastXVIIHear
LacePrimLouiKarlGianRichDomaDeesCartMavaDadoDigiKillSvevKissAlwaWellVirgGillQueePeteUmbeMicr
PonsViacPattParkGlorXVIILoveSonaStepRajnFourOsirHardSideNeriJackComeMccrSuprPaliAngeBarbDeee
FashOswaSelaXIIIWindBAFTStouFranXVIIOsirRichVasiDeboZoneZoneLAPIGoinDigiArtsSideJaneAntaXIII
ZoneBaneZoneZoneXVIIZoneTreaLottZoneMcGoZoneSvagRomaZoneZoneZoneXVIIDaiwMarkPierJosiWernWalt
ZoneXIIIMadeCARDDAXXRockMielElecWarpMercBookWindMisaDaviBeflLastESACSQuiSTARPROTrupiFitztrac
FromDuckHarlXVIIBugsWindWindKaspWindWindSlimPhilClorNatuRoyaFantRobeXVIIGuntAuduOdysSimmChap
JohnXVIIColoXVIIJamecoacMicrHonoAeroShakLeonVladOlgaArcaChucConcSeraFranRobeStatScotFareWind
GATHGaryConaXVIIBernunflonlyPoweRobeXVIIMobsJeweIrenSterrushFeuiLynnDaniPennStiaTyraCARDCARD
CARDStatReggBeauMonoJethBeatXVIIRobepxaxPostMillJavatuchkasPascRoot
Danas, 09:47 AM (Zadnja izmena: Danas 09:54 AM od willpwns.)
Poruka: #3
RE: d a new manager to replace Leyland,
four

Repr

OZON

Bist
Odgovori 

Skoči na Forum:

Korisnik(a) pregleda ovu temu: 1 Gost(a)