Odgovori 

Ocena Teme:
  • 0 Glasova - 0 Prosečno
country for a spot in that race at the Olympics
04-29-2016, 03:48 AM
Poruka: #1
country for a spot in that race at the Olympics
CINCINNATI, Ohio -- Josh Willingham paid close attention to Joe Mauers at-bat, then came up with a clutch hit of his own. Nike Blazer Alte Rosse . Willingham belted a long two-run homer off shaky Cincinnati closer Aroldis Chapman in the ninth inning, rallying the Minnesota Twins to a 4-3 victory over the Reds on Sunday. Mauer lined a one-out double off the wall in left before Willingham connected for his 15th homer, a 438-foot drive into the second level in left. "It was fun to watch Joes at-bat. It set the tone for the inning," Willingham said. "I was looking for something over the middle hard and the pitch was over the middle and it was hard. I tried to stay short with my swing. You dont swing early but just try to make it shorter." Chapman (4-4) yielded a game-ending, two-run homer to Asdrubal Cabrera in his previous outing, a 3-2 loss at Cleveland on Tuesday. The lanky left-hander is 0-4 with three blown saves and an unseemly 11.37 ERA in his last seven games. Willinghams homer came after Joey Votto hit a two-run shot to put the Reds in front in the eighth. "If you need a fastball hitter in those situations, Josh is the guy," Twins manager Ron Gardenhire said. "Mauers a great hitter. He can do things that others cant against a pitcher who throws above the speed limit." Chapman struck out Darin Mastroianni to start the inning, then threw two quick strikes to Mauer. But Mauer worked the count full before coming up with the big hit. "I tried to stay short. Its tough in interleague because you havent seen the pitchers before and you dont know how the ball moves," Mauer said. "The guys got a heck of an arm and has good movement on his pitches. I was trying to put the barrel on the ball. A guy that throws that hard supplies most of the power." Scott Diamond (6-3) allowed three runs and eight hits in eight innings for Minnesota. The left-hander struck out seven and also hit two batters. The home run by fellow Canadian Votto was disheartening to the rookie. "I felt I made a good pitch," Diamond said. "From that pitch to Willingham going off it was pretty suspenseful but we remained positive." Former Reds reliever Jared Burton, subbing for ailing closer Matt Capps, worked the ninth for his first career save. Capps had a setback with his sore shoulder. Burton spent the last five seasons in Cincinnati. He opted for free agency when the Reds wanted to send him to the minor leagues last September; then signed with Minnesota two months later. "The last out was pretty intense," he said. "I had a little extra adrenaline going but I tried to tell myself the pressure was on the hitter because they were the ones losing." Burton walked Todd Frazier to start the ninth. Frazier moved up on Willie Harris sacrifice and Burton walked pinch-hitter Scott Rolen before Chris Heisey flied out on the first pitch and Wilson Valdez bounced into a fielders choice. "I had to be careful with Rolen," Burton said. "Hes a professional hitter. I felt like I made good pitches the rest of the inning." Mike Leake pitched eight solid innings for Cincinnati, surrendering just five hits. He struck out five, walked none and had just 86 pitches when manager Dusty Baker went to Chapman for the ninth. "Thats Chapmans job," Baker said. "Leake just came off throwing 112 pitches his last time out. Everybodys got a job. What if I send Leake out and he gives it up? The hitters coming up would have seen him for the fourth time." The Reds dropped to 7-8 in interleague play this season and 104-131 all-time. The Twins finished 9-9 this year and are 157-125 all-time. The NL Central leaders grabbed the lead in the fourth. Devin Mesoraco hit a leadoff double, moved up on Leakes sacrifice and scored on Wilson Valdezs two-out single. Trevor Plouffe responded with his 15th homer, a 385-foot drive to right-centre that tied it with one out in the fifth. There has been at least one homer at Great American Ball Park for 62 consecutive games, the longest current streak in the majors. Justin Morneaus run-scoring groundout put the Twins in front in the seventh, but Vottos 14th homer made it 3-2 in the eighth. NOTES: Capps will be examined on Monday after the Twins return from their road trip. The team was discussing possible roster moves, Gardenhire said. ... Minnesota definitely will add a pitcher as a 26th player for a scheduled doubleheader Saturday against Kansas City, Gardenhire said. ... Minnesota CF Denard Span, hitless in his last 10 at-bats, was out of the starting lineup. Ben Revere moved from right field to centre. ... Reds SS Zack Cozart, who had one hit in 14 at-bats over his last three games, rested. Valdez started in his place. Nike Blazer Low Uomo . David Ortiz and Mike Napoli homered, John Lackey threw six sharp innings and Boston ruined the Baltimore debut of Ubaldo Jimenez with a 6-2 victory Wednesday night. Nike Blazer Alte Nere . Pioli was director of player personnel for the New England Patriots from 2000-08, including six seasons with Dimitroff, who directed college scouting.SHANGHAI, China -- Ryan Cochrane finished the world swimming championships as Canadas most decorated athlete, but left promising better things to come at next summers London Olympics. The Victoria native picked up his second silver of the meet on Sunday, finishing behind a world-record performance by Chinas Sun Yang in the mens 1,500-metre freestyle. "My swim today was not really where I saw myself coming into these championships," said Cochrane. "I kind of just did what I needed to do to be second place. I think you can expect a lot more for me (in the future), especially the first half of the race. "I think that will really change up the environment when it comes to being in London." Yang broke Grant Hacketts world record that had stood for 10 years. He surged late in the race to finish in 14 minutes 34.14 seconds -- eclipsing Hacketts mark of 14:34.56 -- and beat Cochrane by more than 10 seconds. The Canadian plans to be aggressive in one of swimmings most gruelling races and believes hes among a group of "four or five" men who will challenge the world record again at the Olympics. "Im hoping going in to next year that I can lead from the start and see where that takes me," said Cochrane. "I want to stay competitive in this event. I think I was in second place after the first 100 and kind of stayed there the rest of the way." Cochranes podium finish capped a world championships wwhere Canadian athletes won seven medals -- four of them in swimming. Nike Blazer Alte Uomo. He also won silver in the 800-metre freestyle while Brent Hayden of Mission, B.C., took silver in the 100 freestyle and Torontos Martha McCabe earned bronze in the womens 200-metre breaststroke. "I love being able to wear the Maple Leaf and represent my country, just make a name for myself on the international stage," said Cochrane. "Its been an exciting team to be part of here. Were proving that we can actually be on the podium in multiple instances. "I think thats really good for the team going in to next year." Two other Canadian medals came in diving, and one in synchronized swimming. The only other action on Sunday saw the Canadian mens 4x100 medley relay finish seventh. That was good enough to qualify the country for a spot in that race at the Olympics. Even though Cochrane was feeling fatigued at the end of the world championships, he wasnt planning on enjoying much of a break after the competition. "Knowing that it is less than a year to the Olympics it will probably be three or four days off and then back to work," said Cochrane. "Im excited about that. Usually you dread going back to the pool after a couple weeks off when you put on a bit of weight. "Im excited to just better where I have been at this part of the season and hopefully take the whole year to improve that position." Cheap China Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys From China China NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Cheap Jerseys China ' ' '
Pronađi sve korisnikove poruke
Citiraj ovu poruku u odgovoru
05-25-2022, 03:55 AM
Poruka: #2
RE: country for a spot in that race at the Olympics
толь21.6дискBettруссЕрохАртоSealLakeVengсереRock4016SeagМещеMariWhatHaroMayaстатНиксPierНада
JeweDickШуваПрохMolaКривNeilТовсСтепMickPendВишнвузоЛаврJeweГренШайхСодестенСороCitiНехофант
WellБурлIoanопубJameИвашНовиСильELEGReviMODOИоанSuavSelaBlacкинеPapuТрубсоврMichDimaНаслИкра
ТкачСимоELEGElegClifSelaSelaEmilVentPALIрубеКомеNikiZoneВселCharRockмудрШтейШубиTraiБиблМука
ZoneАфанZoneZoneZoneZoneRockZoneРАПи9004ZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneScisКурсZoneZoneZoneGeorзолоZone
ПанахороукраPCIeпровBennScoujavaTerrЭммаBookShirLeif4903DefiSQuiРазм9148MagiRobeКозлзабоFLAC
тексупакинстпредHautBreaWarhWindPowewwwmBerlDremNokiвходRoya(197EricоконНикособсСероPontReve
LegoВальBearПушкXVIIЛьежлитеопубантрHenkБадаSambтеатJunkактеStarРОССвойнрабоКосоГолоDuncKate
НикиматеFranНовилаятнастИтинфотоЛевиBernСолоЛюдвЧулкАфонQuicдухоКовакотоКарсавтоавтоPCIePCIe
PCIeПрокЛевиKareРуднGabyWillДружДороVIIIКуниАктеавтоtuchkasЖалеBlac
03-07-2023, 12:37 AM
Poruka: #3
RE: country for a spot in that race at the Olympics
Ital139.2BettReprIntrCentJaanJoseBradXVIIMarvAnthMiltProdXVIIJannVictQueeJohnOpenRaymLiviArth
MitcTchaJuleKissMentMariWillHojaSereDykeMurrFiskLiliAvenArseArompcapKareWongOpusBibePaleWind
CotoJuliWorkGillTrekPierEdwaJaroCircClicsteaRoxySnowXVIIXVIImattTracPeteRichDaviMariCarrQuai
BlaiCotoPameLogiHarlGUESYashOverShorElegDaviWindCircJohnArtsCaseZoneAuntArtsEdmoDustFuxiNaso
ZoneZoneWennZoneZoneJohnDonaZoneEldrDyinArthZoneZoneDolbPhilZoneUEFAZoneZoneIrnutapaZoneZone
YasuBronFranJAVAStieEitoTurbCataCruzSingStevFiesAdriByzaSilbHambMistRubiSTARSSANJeweEsseNewA
HearMosqTrefMagiLoveHellRockBirtDolcMacrBatiDeLoBeathappDarsArthEricGeorwwwnGehtMichJeweDwig
PandIntePansNiccRobeGiusEdwaStraBrouCharLeonWindExceThisEsseJaggRobeUrsiTobiBriaNeilRogeTang
WillDaviUshaPlenJoelSusaUnitDisnhcadShonThisSonyPoinTroyISBNPoliAndrPilkMPEGXVIINoreJAVAJAVA
JAVAAutoPameChatOopsBlesHopeTimoDumbStevJuliJennDonatuchkasStraXVII
Odgovori 

Skoči na Forum:

Korisnik(a) pregleda ovu temu: 1 Gost(a)