Odgovori 

Ocena Teme:
  • 0 Glasova - 0 Prosečno
The Magic also lost 16 road games in a
03-21-2016, 03:49 AM
Poruka: #1
The Magic also lost 16 road games in a
NEWARK, N. Adidas Zx Flux Nere .J. -- Providing a highlight reminiscent of his heyday, Jaromir Jagr showed he still has the ability to win games. Stealing the puck at the blue line, Jagr skated the length of the ice, froze Tampa Bay goaltender Ben Bishop with a sleek move and deposited a second-period wrist shot into an open net to give the New Jersey Devils a 2-1 victory over the Lightning on Tuesday night. The 684th goal of Jagrs 20-year NHL career gave him 119 game-winners -- the most by any player since 1967-68 -- and moved him into second on the list ahead of Hall of Famer Phil Esposito, who retired in 1981. Gordie Howe has the lead with 121. "I remember him, I was watching (Esposito) in 1972," Jagr said. "I wasnt watching it live, I was just born in 72. I was watching the tapes and he was the man back then." During his career, Jagr also once was the man. Those days are over and now he just enjoys playing, noting he didnt even know he passed Esposito on the list. " You have to be pretty lucky to score at the right time," Jagr said. "Thats the way I think my body is built. I dont get much tired so I was scoring a lot of goals in the third period. Thats why I got a lot of game-winning goals." Adam Henrique also scored and Martin Brodeur made 16 saves as the Devils won consecutive games for the first time this season and ended Tampa Bays three-game winning streak. Steven Stamkos, who had three goals and four assists last week, scored a power-play goal for Tampa Bay, which had won 5 of 6 in posting the best record in the Eastern Conference. New Jersey, which lost its first seven games of the season, rallied late to beat Boston on Saturday for its second win. Brodeur, who preserved Tuesdays win with a great reaction stop in front on Valtteri Filppula with five minutes to play, joked about Jagr being 41, just as his is. "Hes been around a long time, longer than me actually, and thats pretty tough to say," Brodeur said. "This guy is amazing, the way he plays the game. I knew of him and played against him when I was younger so I cant say anything about his past, but what I have seen in his three months here, its pretty amazing to see him go. Not just the way he plays, but in the room and the way he conducts himself." Jagrs third goal of the season came midway through the second period when he stripped Martin St. Louis at the Devils blue line and broke in alone for a 2-0 lead. Both New Jersey goals came on turnovers at the blue line. "On both goals we shot ourselves in the foot," Lightning coach Jon Cooper said. "We gave a first-ballot Hall of Famer a clear-cut breakaway from their blue line. Theres a really good bet that might go in the net." The Devils dominated the opening 35 minutes, jumping to a 1-0 lead at 1:36 of the second period when Henrique tallied short-handed against Bishop, who made 20 saves in losing for the second time this season. Henrique knocked down a pass that defenceman Matthew Carle tried to send from left point to the corner and it set up an odd-man rush. Henrique carried the puck into the Tampa Bay zone and then played a give-and-go with Patrik Elias on cross-ice passes, beating Bishop before he could get back into position. Tampa Bay, which had four shots in both the first and third periods, finally woke up after a penalty in front of the net by Henrique at 14:15 of the second put it on a power play. Stamkos swatted in his own rebound while falling to the ice to cut the deficit to 2-1 at 15:23. It was his ninth goal of the season. "We sustained pressure and got back into the game and we could have had the lead," Cooper said. "Why cant we do that for more than six minutes a game. Thats the frustrating part." While Brodeur didnt face many shots in the opening two periods, he had to make several big saves. He made a point-blank save on Alex Killorn seconds before Henrique was called for his penalty and stopped Carle in close after Stamkos scored. Brodeur also stopped Tyler Johnson on a first-period breakaway and got a little help when a B.J. Crombeen shot caromed off the iron. NOTES: Elias appeared in his 1,100 NHL game. ... Lightning D Eric Brewer played in his 900th. ... Brodeur made his second straight start with Cory Schneider out with a lower back injury. ... Tampa Bay has scored power-play goals in four straight games. ... Henriques short-handed goal was the Devils second of the season. ... The loss also snapped the Lightnings three-game road winning streak, its longest since 2007-08. Adidas Superstar Slip On Nere . On July 27 cyclings best-known race will host "La Course by Le Tour de France" -- a one-day womens competition staged hours before Tour riders race on the same circuit to finish the three-week event on Paris Champs-Elysees. Nike Blazer Fiori . -- Tri-Citys Brendan Shinnimin has scored a lot of goals this season, but none bigger than the game-winner Wednesday night in Game 7 against the Spokane Chiefs.WASHINGTON -- If Trevor Ariza can hit every 3-pointer he takes, if four starters can routinely score 20 points, if Marcin Gortat can keep asserting him as an inside scoring threat, and, well, if the opponent is always the Orlando Magic, the Washington Wizards will do just fine without Nene. In their first game since their Brazilian big mans latest injury, the Wizards took advantage of a favourable opponent and showed they know how to win without him. John Wall had 27 points and seven assists, Trevor Ariza scored 22 points by making all five of his 3s, and Gortat added 21 points and 10 rebounds Tuesday night in a 115-106 win over the Magic. "I automatically tried to put myself in the situation to score," said Gortat, who was 9 for 13 from the field. "I yell to John. Sometimes hes going to yell back at me, then I would just say, Hey, Nenes not here. This is what Ive got to do to lead this team, help this team inside, and Im going to run to the block and demand the ball, and I believe Im capable of doing it." Bradley Beal added 21 points, giving Washington four 20-point scorers for the first time since April 6, 2010. The Wizards have won a season-high four in a row to move one game above .500. They also improved to 2-6 this season without the pivotal but oft-injured Nene, who sprained the MCL in his left knee Sunday in a win at Cleveland and is expected to miss six weeks. Victor Oladipo scored 26 points and Nikola Vucevic added 19 points and 14 rebounds for the Magic, who tied a single-season franchise record by losing their 16th consecutive road game. They remain without leading scorer Arron Afflalo, who missed his second game with a sprained right ankle. "We scored," Vucevic said. "We just couldnt get stops, and you cant do that on the road." In case there was any thought that Nenes injury would give the Wizards a convenient excuse to miss the post-season for the sixth straight year, owner Ted Leonsis began the day with a wakeup call via his blog, posting "Our goals have not changed in any way" and the team must overcome injuries and "whatever else comes our way." Leonsis has made it cleaar that another year in the NBA lottery would not be acceptable. Nike Blazer Leopardate. The Wizards sit in fifth place in the weak Eastern Conference, and coach Randy Wittman and team president Ernie Grunfeld are both in the last season of their contracts. The Wizards are 60-61 when Nene plays and 9-34 when he doesnt since he was acquired in a trade two years ago. Washington also played Tuesdays game without forward Kevin Seraphin, who has a sore right knee. For the players, Leonsis message was hardly necessary. Theyre also tired of having the season end in mid-April. "If youre an All-Star and those type of players, youve got to step up and take on a bigger role," said Wall, who played in his first All-Star game this month. "And thats a situation Im willing to accept and do. ... Just having that energy that I have when play good against those other good point guards, to do it on a consistent basis, thats something I really have to step up to another level with Nene being out." The only starter in single digits was Nenes fill-in, Trevor Booker, who had three points and seven rebounds. The team planned to sign Drew Gooden to a 10-day contract in time for the next game, Thursday against the Toronto Raptors. The Wizards led for nearly the entire game, but it was never a blowout. Washington had a 17-point lead in the second and third quarters, but Oladipo and Vucevic led an 11-0 run to cut the deficit to six late in the third. The Magic got as close as eight in the final period, but Ariza got a fortuitous bounce on a 3-pointer to restore a comfortable lead. "I guess Ive been living right, doing the right things," Ariza said. "The shot clock was running down. It hit the front of the rim, I think it hit the backboard and went in, so its all good." NOTES: Orlando had no fast-break points. ... The Magic also lost 16 road games in a row in a single season in early 2006. The franchise record over more than one season is 17 -- the final 12 road games of last season and the first five of this season. ... The Magic had two new faces on the bench. C Dewayne Dedmon and swingman Adonis Thomas signed 10-day deals earlier in the day. Cheap China Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap NHL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys From China China NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '
Pronađi sve korisnikove poruke
Citiraj ovu poruku u odgovoru
Odgovori 

Skoči na Forum:

Korisnik(a) pregleda ovu temu: 1 Gost(a)