Odgovori 

Ocena Teme:
  • 0 Glasova - 0 Prosečno
totally burned out and
10-19-2016, 11:54 AM
Poruka: #1
totally burned out and
Team USA Reveals WBC Roster - RealGM Wiretap
Team USA has revealed their provisional roster for the World Baseball Classic.

Here is what the team's starting lineup looks like:

RF: Ben Zobrist
C: Joe Mauer
LF: Ryan Braun
DH: Giancarlo Stanton
3B: David Wright
1B: Mark Teixeira
CF: Adam Jones
SS: Jimmy Rollins
2B: Brandon Phillips
P: R.A. Dickey

In addition to Dickey Scottie Pippen Jersey , the team has the following starters: Kris Medlen, Ryan Vogelsong and Derek Holland.

The United States will carry the following nine relievers: Jeremy Affeldt, Mitchell Boggs, Steve Cishek, Tim Collins, Luke Gregerson, Craig Kimbrel, Chris Perez, Glen Perkins and Vinnie Pestano.

The bench includes Jonathan Lucroy, J.P. Arencibia, Shane Victorino and Willie Bloomquist.

Fans React Positively To Wrigley Renovation Plan - RealGM Wiretap

Fan reaction to the recently-announced five-year, $300 million Wrigley Field renovation plan has been positive thus far.

The field itself will not change, the ivy will still be on the outfield walls, and the renovation does not call for a third deck to be added.

A grad-school professor of mine said this in class one day. He was lamenting that his wife, a kindergarten teacher, had been on leave for two years to have their two children. He specialized in language acquisition and reading development, so he used his wifes classroom as an observational laboratory for years. While she was on leave, he was having a difficult time finding a replacement.

He always spoke highly of his wifes skills and patience as a teacher. It was clear he held her in high regard, so it was out of total respect that he joked, Yeah Pau Gasol Jersey , I think shes going to keep having children, just so she doesnt have to go back to work…Im convinced that a good teacher is a ‘self-abuser teacher!

I had an immediate, gut-level, visceral reaction…

Thats me!

I was always putting 110% into my work. I worked hard to develop interesting lessons and attempted to keep close tabs on the students in my elementary classroom. But, every day ended in frustration:

-I didnt get through all of my lessons today. What am I doing wrong?

-The kids were pretty talkative today. Ive created all these ‘cool hands-on activities, but I still cant get them to pay attention.

-The principal walked in with eight new students for my math class today. I didnt have enough desks, books, or supplies for them. The rest of the class went crazy because neither they, nor I, were expecting that our class would grow by 30% in the middle of our lesson… (True story, by the way. I have no idea where those extra eight kids came from.)

-Why cant I have a day without any interruptions?

-We had a ‘surprise assembly today that destroyed our ‘learning center time. The kids were crushed. I feel bad that I didnt give them any warning.

-I dont know what to do about Trevor. No matter what I do, I just cant connect with him.

In reality, many of my frustrations came from things over which I had no control. Yet, I still felt defeated.

One summer, I returned to school to submit my resignation. We were moving and I would need to find a new job. Robert, a veteran janitor, overheard me speaking with the principal just inside the office. A few minutes later, I headed towards my classroom to pack up my things. Robert quickly chased me down. He was wheeling a dolly and flagged me to join him on the elevator.

I had always liked Robert, but I was shocked by how gracious he was towards helping me. As we finally reached my classroom, he wistfully said Nikola Mirotic Jersey , Yeah, I hate to see you go. You are the best we have here.

I was shocked! Robert was close to retirement; he had spent at least 25 years in the hallways of schools across our district, so he had seen his fair share of teachers and classrooms at work. He was always pleasant but rarely said much, so I didnt expect such a kind compliment from him. I doubt he would have said it if he didnt mean it.

But, how could he feel that way? After seven years, I could barely count on two hands the number of times I came home feeling positive and proud about my accomplishments in the classroom.

Maybe my professor was right… A good teacher is a ‘self-abuser teacher.

My husband had a similar experience. For years, he would compare himself to some of his close friends who were among the best teachers in his high school. He would wonder how some of them had time to create such outstanding lessons or write feedback on individual papers and tests for 150 students at a time.

I would try to assure him that he did his share of good stuff, too. It didnt matter…as long as there was something more he thought he could do, he felt he wasnt doing enough.

Last year, he announced that he was taking a leave of absence for a year. Students, teachers, and administrators came out of the woodwork, surprising him with some very sincere and heartfelt comments about how much he would be missed. He was stunned!

A good teacher is a ‘self-abuser teacher!

If you are a teacher, you are likely a self-abuser. Lazy teachers who are totally burned out and dont care about their students wouldnt be reading this newsletter. You put a lot of pressure on yourself. You hold yourself to very high standards. By default, that makes you a Self-Abuser Teacher, too.

WHY DO WE DO THIS TO OURSELVES?

When we go to college to become teachers, we are taught the ideal way to do everything. We are taught ideal expectations.

When we arrive in the classroom, we have ideal standards to meet, and ideal scores to reach on tests. We are handed books like Harry K. Wongs First Days of School that clearly state teaching isnt about leading the horse to water; OUR JOB is to make the horse WANT to drink.
Pronađi sve korisnikove poruke
Citiraj ovu poruku u odgovoru
Odgovori 

Poruke U Ovoj Temi
totally burned out and - xuzz123 - 10-19-2016 11:54 AM
RE: totally burned out and - FinestCarpet - 12-02-2016, 09:19 AM
RE: totally burned out and - willpwns - 08-06-2022, 01:46 AM
RE: totally burned out and - willpwns - 12-05-2022, 03:45 PM
RE: totally burned out and - willpwns - 01-05-2023, 09:56 AM
RE: totally burned out and - willpwns - 07-27-2023, 11:42 AM
RE: totally burned out and - willpwns - 10-04-2023, 07:08 PM
RE: totally burned out and - willpwns - 03-27-2024, 04:40 AM