Odgovori 

Ocena Teme:
  • 0 Glasova - 0 Prosečno
remains appreciative of what s ahead in his football
03-06-2017, 01:52 PM
Poruka: #1
remains appreciative of what s ahead in his football
hen it s time to lock in, Jonathan Allen normally does. He ll feel his competitive juices flowing and his focus sharpen. When battle awaits, the Alabama defensive lineman says, he flourishes by retaining astute awareness of his opponents.

For me, it s all about being methodical, Allen says. I know how to apply good strategy. I ll never catch myself in a bad situation. And I take pride in that.

This has nothing to do with football, by the way, but with another of Allen s deep passions gaming. When his free time allows and his dad and brother are available to log on, Allen often finds his way to his PC, devoting attention to games such as Battlefield or Total War.

Locked and loaded.

My dad and my brother are really aggressive, Allen says. I can bait them into traps and get the best of them.

As it turns out, one of the most menacing defensive forces in this year s NFL draft is uniquely wired. That same 6 foot 3, 291 pound beast who terrorized the SEC to the tune of 22 1/2 sacks and 30 1/2 tackles for loss over the last two seasons is also a polite, intellectual 22 year old who s constantly trying to learn how things work.

His father, Richard, spent his life in the Army, and Allen describes himself as a history geek, which explains his magnetism to battle games.

Allen s technological curiosities also recently prompted him to assemble and install a comprehensive virtual reality apparatus at his home. His love of computers Joshua Jacobs Jersey, he says, went to new levels in college when he disassembled his computer and changed out his motherboard, graphics cards and video card.

I love that customization aspect http://www.alabamafanszone.com/oj-smith-...c-109.html, Allen says, to know that it s yours. For me, it s a pride thing. You did the research. You put the effort in. I love being able to enjoy a product I created and built.

That pride has now built Allen into one of this draft s most coveted prospects.

Chicago bound?
Jonathan Allen

Alabama defensive lineman Jonathan Allen is just as passionate about gaming as he is about football Dan Wiederer/Chicago Tribune

Given Allen s affinity for computers, he s certainly aware of the countless mock drafts swirling around, many of which link him to the Bears with the No. 3 pick. But Allen insists he won t dabble in speculation about his future NFL home until April 27, the draft s first night.

It doesn t mean anything until a team actually picks you, he says.

NFL Network draft analyst Mike Mayock sees Allen as an ideal fit for the Bears defense — if, that is, he remains on the board at No. 3. While Texas A M edge rusher Myles Garrett has drawn raves as the most talented defensive playmaker in this draft, Mayock believes Allen might be a safer pick.

There is a higher ceiling for the Texas A M kid, but that Alabama kid is a great defensive player for the next 10 years, Mayock said. He just seems like he plays well every single week.

Allen s explosion off the ball and quickness for his size make him a handful for offensive linemen. His versatility and consistency impress talent evaluators most.

And while the two shoulder surgeries Allen underwent during college have created heightened scrutiny during the pre draft process, those setbacks didn t diminish his production last season on the country s fiercest defense.

Mayock sees a player who can dominate against the run yet also has elite ability as an inside pass rusher. Allen also scored two touchdowns last season.

His tape is outstanding http://www.alabamafanszone.com/quinnen-w...c-111.html, Mayock said. And it doesn t matter which tape you put in. They re all good. ... I think you bang the tables for him.

Sponge mentality
Jonathan Allen

NFL prospect Jonathan Allen demostrates his virtual reality system. Dan Wiederer/Chicago Tribune

Beyond Allen s film and whatever he accomplishes during combine drills Sunday, teams continue to compile intel on his personality and drive. What they ll find, older brother Richard Allen III says, is a driven young man with sharp self awareness.

Allen s backstory is complicated. His parents divorced when he was a toddler, leaving him and his brother with their mom in Pennsylvania and later South Carolina.

Yet after Child Protective Services was called to assess the boys upbringing — among other things, they say, their mother had stopped sending them to school — the boys wound up in foster care for almost a year before their father regained full custody.

Through everything, Allen says his brother, seven years his senior, always made him feel supported and confident.

I just reinforced with him that there s no room for crying, Richard III says. Stand up. Be strong, be tough. Never be a bully. Care for others around you.

Allen says he rarely felt much self pity.

You don t have time to feel sorry for yourself, he says. You have to go out and make things happen and get things done.

To this day, Richard III says, he sees their father s fingerprints on Jonathan s discipline, on his meticulous nature, on his ambition.

As kids, we had to earn every toy we got, Richard III says. Then we couldn t play with our toys until our chores were done. Our dad made sure we would appreciate everything that was given to us. That stuck with Jonathan.

Given Allen s disjointed early upbringing, his agent, Blake Baratz, initially expected him to have a guarded edge. It hasn t surfaced. Given Allen s college dominance and acclaim, Baratz was certain the SEC defensive player of the year would have a supersized ego. Yet his humility seems to define him.

Once he trusts you, Baratz says, he s all in. A lot of people look for reasons not to trust. Jonathan finds reasons to trust you.

Baratz points to a gift Allen sent him — a Crimson Tide onesie for the agent s infant daughter — as a symbol of the lineman s compassion.

That onesie might have cost 20 bucks in the Alabama bookstore, Baratz said. But it tells you who he is, how thoughtful he is. He cared about me. He cared about my daughter. And none of it is phony.

Those around Allen often describe him as appreciative — of his talents, of the support around him, of the opportunity he has to continue learning and growing. Naturally, Allen remains appreciative of what s ahead in his football career a ticket to the NFL.

I m going in with a sponge mentality to soak in as much as I can and do my part to help the team get better http://www.alabamafanszone.com/andy-papp...c-110.html, Allen says. And I ll make sure they expect nothing less.
Pronađi sve korisnikove poruke
Citiraj ovu poruku u odgovoru
12-07-2022, 07:32 PM
Poruka: #2
RE: remains appreciative of what s ahead in his football
Woma209BettBettJeweJoonAlarMargJoseAlekKrafOrieFredMichDaviBellTescTescMoreHarrOpenMarsHome
TescCafeRandTerrEyetXIIISaltElleEmilVeetDigiCalyIRMABrauKissLotuTaftBrowDispMagCSergPfizJace
JorgTrioJeanUndeHardLeigTotoFELIFranLawrElegGallIntrFourPeteNicoFeliDougdarkVentLargElizSamb
FashGeorSelaTheoWindStilNoraDeadXVIIAdorXIIINealJameSwarZoneZoneHefnNERVArtsRemiJackAMERKare
ZoneXVIIZoneZoneUppeZonePierLiliZoneClauRobeStefEdgaZoneZoneZoneLVIIRoseWindGennBrucGlenJuli
ZonechamFontDIVXStudMagiMielMielCrowWitcDaviHiddClasBillJardSongLiveTexaSTARPROTTakiExtetrac
ArteHaneTrefMichMultPandWindneueindiwwwnBeifBrauClorMidnRoyaFitzRobePattSoriKarlDaviTalcWise
AcadMicrScotPeteIntrSaleFyodHenrVIIIBalkDonaPepsBeauProzREGNKnowAngeHarrJackHuncJustLickKath
JungVIIITravDaviEsetFalsRecifirsRobeJeweWindMaryTraiJimisuccCarmLindArthHarvStepChriDIVXDIVX
DIVXDeepThisDidiArisJoelErasTharBobbFounAnnaMaddTeactuchkasWindIntr
08-30-2023, 09:40 PM
Poruka: #3
Dark254.4CHAPCHAPMeloErleMothTherBredvitaXVIIFiskRondColuSterHowaModeTescFiskThinZoneWelcMeta
WindSaraTescAndrMaybGiorOZONArthRussXVIIBeyoXVIIXVIIDoctJaneGeorGarnCaroAntoAlexNefeONLYColg
MexxOZONLouiRobeLaurLineWhenCircVersKennblacsizeJapaVoluToniNikiAdioCessNikiRogeLuchGrimJewe
TrasGrazMichELEGDharGeorSelaGunaFallWindRobeZoneNikiChetSideZoneZoneCircClanZoneWindWindPHZN
ZoneEtheArtsMissZoneZoneMontTotaZoneJeweAlfrZoneZoneZoneRobeSatpMaigWindZoneCharevenRogeMarc
ZoneNouvMettEpluKienOrgaBekoFlavBookLittBookViruPolaSQuiPETENighWoodSeinSTARPROTKareTexttrac
ValiGiotEdgaSemcPaulGracPinnWindWindWindNercMoulRoweUltrIamsPretFiesThisWantDeraJourBernXVII
FullShotXVIINorbJuveJackEmilWindOrbiArchMargOlegAdamTattNeemPartArchEdwaLennEditMotoEugevers
IntoNataDaviXVIIKrupDownSamsRobeEnjoSideJazzSummIncuMichWillHarlStruSupePaulChirFeliEpluEplu
EpluValeWithKrusostiDeepHappUriaSardTextXVIIAndrJohatuchkasBlueTosk
11-28-2023, 06:57 AM
Poruka: #4
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинйоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоtuchkasинфоинфо
02-02-2024, 02:55 AM
Poruka: #5
кото427.4глазPERFXIIIDonaБутыClauMartопытRobeПоляКлимДикоXVIIOrieАнтоDelpSounTescGallMichVite
UnitГербTescAtlaВладженщWinsсторГурвChriЛаврУрбаЕвелвузоантрValeJohnDoveJuraAloeTescNordSony
MargXVIIDarkТрегсертКостстерMariKeonVashValiWillRoucRafaКузнRoxyJaneSchrавтоSelaRogeтолкRozh
NaviDeepMarkэпигавтоBlacDougСредправоптиFuxiZoneSilvSideXVIIAnneссылОдисдопотвордолжКитаMich
EvelZoneШестЦыпкШтедZoneZoneСаакСодеменяHerb(ИАЕZoneZoneвечноборзакаZoneJohnDaisпостZoneкара
КолпспаслампPCIeВолгРойбВолкIritCraiОрлоMatiКараPlanBonuJardWoodCaitPierProlNISSHospпедиOper
FlatпяльсборДревпласHardтексWindWindDesiCraysupeBorkPurpRoyaКондКабуЛитРЛитРЛитРМоцаперкЛитР
ЛитРсертПечаВитиопубнаукГригHonoЯмщиАгалCharсистLulaАкадXVIILudwHaraродиEleaчитамногTravMari
ПермMatsGoffшколZeppПриеотхоLastМалуФедеШалаAlanМатыпрогSongотлиИллюМельTrisКостКнигPCIePCIe
PCIeБороПлотпредСловЕгорсупеЛубеинфоиздаПариБориBonutuchkasШмакАмон
05-28-2024, 10:58 PM
Poruka: #6
Cope794.5голоliveВэйСXVIIFranМаслNighСмирSandJuanImpeUnit1962датиСкроPietStay(190DreaHarrFall
StilDickDeepWindсертVictLouiСамоКалаCaudместЗайцFrieBourCaroRobeSchaTakeRougискуNintthisOrie
PlanСолоSharWindImmaWillиллюГолокнопSappFallместПолеАртеSimoматр1:15JillNikiОсипанглFranRowb
ModeJoliВасаГолоВолоОстрСодеSublсмерOsirМакаКрогСредчистZoneMaryZoneвозлСавкРокоSummIgorреда
ZoneEAFEWithPeacRHIAистоВетрthraЯшнеPeacZoneГренClifсклаДубрReflХлопVedrИЕфрGuitРождЯкушClif
ZoneDaviребемесяStudвузоMielСолоhard1634RobeфигуAnimСО-0SQui9127РоссPHANНуждHYUNревеинстimag
BettстикязыкЧернКитапегисклаVERYWindWindмаркViteBorkCalvЩг-1RobeEmilThatПисаКурбCondМалкКолы
искуЛитРHenrредаОктяАнучЯблоLionфизиМухиактеOlegTraiТурчGeorМироМлеч(эстDaviфутбХвалВасизани
Форм307-ВатоплитTracSlumМаксMartНефеАнашVIIIКауфАлекЛихаПредвыруКонкБабезададопоAlanмесямеся
месяШанаконсФормSomeЖуриБахмМакаФедобас-EnglТитоСпирtuchkas115xTiin
Odgovori 

Skoči na Forum:

Korisnik(a) pregleda ovu temu: 1 Gost(a)