Odgovori 

Ocena Teme:
  • 0 Glasova - 0 Prosečno
to beat Ontario veteran Glen Howard
06-12-2016, 03:18 AM
Poruka: #1
to beat Ontario veteran Glen Howard
HOYLAKE, England -- The ovations from the packed galleries remain as warm as ever for Tom Watson at the British Open. http://www.flyknitshoescheap.ca/white-re...-mens.html . His scoring continues to be just as impressive, too. The 64-year-old Watson extended his record of being the oldest man to make the cut at the games oldest major when he shot a 1-over 73 on Friday. That put him at 2-over 146, just on the cut line. "Lets see what happens on the weekend," the five-time British Open winner said, with that glint in his eye. "See if the old guy can maybe get it rolling a little bit." Playing a brand of "old mans golf," as he put it, Watson outlasted Masters champion Bubba Watson as well as Webb Simpson, Patrick Reed and Harris English -- three guys looking to make the U.S. Ryder Cup team captained by Watson. The way Watson has been hitting the ball this week, he wouldnt look out of place on the team at Gleneagles in September. "Im thinking about picking the captain," he said, laughing. He needed a par 5 at No. 18 to stay at Hoylake for another two days and, to the delight of the spectators filling the horseshoe stand around the green, he avoided trouble and made it with ease. "It was pretty special playing with Tom, and the reception he got," Jim Furyk said. "And to watch him grind it out and make a birdie on the way in and make the cut was pretty cool. "I was pulling for him pretty hard on No. 18." Royal Liverpool is not among the venues where Watson lifted the claret jug between 1975 and 83, but he is as popular here as at Muirfield, Royal Birkdale or anywhere else on the Open rotation. He acknowledged that he has been looking up at the stands more this year, soaking up the tournaments special atmosphere in his next-to-last appearance at a British Open -- provided, of course, he doesnt finish in the top 10 at St. Andrews in 2015. And who would bet against that? "I am enjoying it," he said. "Today on the practice range, my swing turned around. I really started hitting the ball well. ... It was the best warm-up session Ive had all year. I felt very good going out to the golf course." When he bogeyed No. 10 after hitting his gap wedge over the green from the middle of the fairway, Watson was missing the cut line at 3 over and under pressure. He hit every fairway after that, picking up that crucial birdie at No. 14 and parring his way home. Two solid shots at No. 18 allowed him to enjoy the ovation from all sides as he approached the green. "It was a pleasure playing with a little bit of heat on me to make the cut and doing so well, especially coming down the stretch," he said. The headaches over Ryder Cup selection can wait for a few days. Watson has something else to occupy his mind at the British Open this weekend. Adidas Supercolor Light Pink . The 18th-seeded Bouchard, an Australian Open semifinalist earlier this year, showed fighting spirit in winning her 84-minute match with the 99th-ranked Larsson in the pairs first meeting. http://www.flyknitshoescheap.ca/roshe-on...boost.html .C. United has added former Canadian international Enzo Concina as an assistant coach. KAMLOOPS, B.C. -- Two veteran skips were both left scratching their heads at the Canadian mens curling championships Saturday night, as a change in ice conditions saw crucial draw attempts in an extra end fall at least five metres short of the house. Newfoundland and Labradors Brad Gushue, who lost the game 6-5 to Manitobas Jeff Stoughton, was more than a little peeved as the opening day of the Tim Hortons Brier ended. Gushue expressed his clear frustrations with the ice conditions. "They lost the ice," said Gushue, the 2006 Olympic gold medallist who, like Stoughton, is curling in his 11th Brier. "You see two world class skips throw draws to the four foot that end up 20-feet light. Its embarrassing. I think the ice is just (terrible). Its unfortunate that it came down to that." He said he saw it happen to a lesser degree in an earlier game between Albertas Kevin Koe and B.C.s John Morris. Stoughton was just as mystified. "We were going to draw probably half in the top four and I let it go, the guys said good weight and it just ground in," he said. Although, for him, the result was a little more satisfying as he left his shot stone in the house to win the game. "I guess that side of the sheet got lost somehow but well take it. We had one in there and he missed both his last two shots, what are you going to do?" Stoughton and Morris sit at the top of the standings with two wins apiece after Saturdays draw, followed by Brier rookie Greg Balsdon from Ontario and Steve Laycock from Saskatchewan with one win each. Gushue joined Northern Ontarios Jeff Currie at 1-1 while five rinks were wiinless after one game, Alberta, New Brunswick, The Northwest Territories-Yukon, Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island and Quebec. http://www.flyknitshoescheap.ca/nike-fre...shoes.html. In the evening draw, Morris beat Currie 8-2 in eight ends, after struggling earlier to edge Albertas Koe 7-6. Currie split the day, beating New Brunswicks Jamie Grattan 13-5 in the opener. Balsdon opened his first Brier by topping Quebec veteran Jean-Michel Menard 9-7 and Saskatchewans Laycock beat the Northwest Territories-Yukons Jamie Koe (Kevins brother) 8-5. Morris, curling for his third province at the Brier, was glad to get off to a good start. "The first one was a little tough on the melon, that one was a little nicer," he said, referring to the difference in the two games. "We played a little better this team, a good solid team effort." He also said he found the ice on the sheet he played on a little more consistent at night. Laycock said his first win wasnt without its scary moments. "Especially in nine there, there was a chance we could have blown a three-point lead in a hurry," he said. "It was nice to sneak out of that with only giving up two." He scored two in the final end to seal it. So did Balsdon, playing in his first Brier after managing to beat Ontario veteran Glen Howard to win the right. "We all felt pretty comfortable. The speed was good, the ice was very consistent, what youd expect from the Brier," he said. He says it helps in a way being a rookie. "Because Im a rookie here I dont really feel a whole lot of pressure for myself and the team. . . Were just hoping to scrap out some games." Cheap China Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys From China China NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Cheap Jerseys China ' ' ' Cheap NFL China Jerseys
Pronađi sve korisnikove poruke
Citiraj ovu poruku u odgovoru
07-18-2022, 11:41 AM
Poruka: #2
RE: to beat Ontario veteran Glen Howard
сайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайт
сайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайт
сайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтtuchkasсайтсайт
Pronađi sve korisnikove poruke
Citiraj ovu poruku u odgovoru
Odgovori 

Skoči na Forum:

Korisnik(a) pregleda ovu temu: 1 Gost(a)