Mojauto.rs Forum

Puna Verzija: with Cousins 3-pointer giving the team
Trenutno pregledate lite verziju foruma. Pogledajte punu verziju sa odgovarajućim oblikovanjima.
DUNEDIN, Florida – The following players will make up the Blue Jays 38th opening day roster: STARTING ROTATION (in order of appearanceSmile R. http://www.nbalanceshoesuk.biz/new-balan...ns-uk.html .A. Dickey, Drew Hutchison, Mark Buehrle, Brandon Morrow, Dustin McGowan. BULLPEN: Casey Janssen, Steve Delabar, Sergio Santos, Brett Cecil, Aaron Loup, Esmil Rogers, Todd Redmond, Jeremy Jeffress. CATCHERS: Dioner Navarro, Josh Thole. INFIELDERS: Edwin Encarnacion, Adam Lind, Jose Reyes, Brett Lawrie, Ryan Goins, Maicer Izturis. OUTFIELDERS: Jose Bautista, Colby Rasmus, Melky Cabrera, Moises Sierra. DISABLED LIST: J.A. Happ. Dustin McGowan typically isnt long-winded. Wednesday morning was no exception when he found out the news he would be starting the Blue Jays 38th home opener on April 4 against the New York Yankees. "I was kind of speechless," said McGowan. "I told them, thank you for the opportunity and Ill be ready." What this decision says about McGowan is one thing. What it says about the state of the Blue Jays starting rotation is another. First, McGowan, who turned 32 on March 24 and suddenly is the author of an unlikely story. At one time the organizations highly prized pitching prospect, McGowan cemented himself as a bona fide big leaguer when he won 12 games and posted a 4.08 ERA in 27 starts for the Blue Jays in 2007. The persistent shoulder problems began on July 8, 2008, when he was forced to leave a game against Baltimore after four innings. He wouldnt pitch again that year and his rehab took him into the 2009 season. McGowan was progressing before developing a cartilage problem in his knee, which required surgery. He missed all of 2010 with a torn rotator cuff. It wouldnt be until September 6, 2011, that McGowan would pitch in another big league game. He finished the season with the Blue Jays but returned to the disabled list out of spring training in 2012 with a foot problem. Later that summer, he was back under the knife for arthroscopic shoulder surgery. It wasnt until last season, when McGowan made 25 relief appearances, that he showed he could continue to pitch at the big league level. Late in the season, he expressed an interest in trying to be a starter one more time. It seemed unlikely at the time but, then again, the fact he pitched at all last year was proof McGowan could overcome seemingly insurmountable odds. "I always had the resolve to push through," said McGowan. "Theres no quitting in my blood. There was times I thought it may not happen anymore but it wouldnt be from lack of trying so I kept pushing hard for moments like this." "He was one of the top up-and-coming pitchers here in this organization a few years ago and we got a glimpse of it before he had his injuries," said manager John Gibbons. "Its pretty amazing in my mind that hes come back this far and looked this good. Were going to run with it and see where it takes us." Really, what option does Gibbons have? J.A. Happ, like Ricky Romero last spring, pitched his way out of the rotation with four poor Grapefruit League performances (20.57 ERA) and will begin the season on the disabled list. "He had that back issue earlier on," said Gibbons. "It hasnt been a big deal. Hes getting better but its something we think its limited him a little bit right now and its affecting him so hell go on the DL and hell get himself right and well look at it in the near future." Disabling Happ is nothing more than a paper move, which enables the Blue Jays to carry an eight-man bullpen to start the season. Each of Esmil Rogers, Todd Redmond and Jeremy Jeffress is out of options. When Happ is activated, someone will have to go. The Jays are simply delaying the inevitable. Gibbons confirmed Redmond is the next starter in line should there be an injury in the rotation. Meanwhile, Josh Thole beat out Erik Kratz for the second catchers job behind Dioner Navarro. "Hes got something special with Dickey," said Gibbons. "Hes caught him the last few years. Theres a little bit of something theyve got working so were going to run with that." Thole has caught Dickey for a total of 565 innings during their time together with the Mets and Blue Jays. While its expected the second catcher is going to have to play more this year, Navarro hasnt played in more than 89 games in any of the last four seasons, the ability to handle Dickeys knuckleball is being prioritized ahead of offence. "I think hes a better hitter than he showed last year," said Gibbons, referring to Tholes .175/.242/.216 slash line. "Hes made some adjustments but his number one job is to catch Dickey. Thats what hes here for. Well take whatever offence we can get." Kratz has an option remaining and will begin the season at Triple-A Buffalo. "He was disappointed," said Gibbons of Kratzs reaction to his demotion. "I mean, you expect him to be. It was a long time coming to get to the big leagues. Hed been up there a little bit with Pittsburgh and of course, Philly, and yeah, he was very disappointed and I dont blame him but the way were going to start this thing out, let Thole run with it. Our number one job, the big question mark is how good our starting pitching is going to be, weve got to take care of those guys." It appears it will be a short stay with the Blue Jays for utility infielder/outfielder Matt Tuiasosopo, who was informed on Wednesday he wouldnt make the opening day roster. He was seen leaving Florida Auto Exchange Stadium in street clothes. No formal roster move has been made. Tuiasosopo is out of options, meaning he will have to clear through waivers before being sent to the minor leagues. If he isnt picked up by another club, he would likely start in Buffalo. New Balance 574 Womens Black . Tony Parker had 18 points and eight assists and Duncan had 15 points and eight rebounds and San Antonio rolled to a 111-90 victory over the Golden State Warriors on Wednesday night, extending the Spurs franchise record winning streak to 19 games. New Balance 996 Grey & White Trainers . -- EJ Manuel followed the worst game of his career with the best.Norman, OK (SportsNetwork.com) - TaShawn Thomas scored 24 points with eight rebounds as No. 18 Oklahoma nabbed a 73-63 win over 22nd-ranked Baylor to open Big 12 action. Buddy Hield had 20 points and 10 rebounds, while Isaiah Cousins added 19 points and eight boards for the Sooners (10-3, 1-0 Big 12), who have won their last three. It was a good way to open conference play, said Oklahoma head coach Lon Kruger. I thought it was really played at a high level. I thought both teams in the first half had what they wanted offensively and I thought both did a better job defensively in the second half. Johnathan Motley scored 24 points and Taurean Prince gave 17 for the Bears (11-2, 0-1), who had a six-game winning streak broken. Well I thought this was a typical Big 12 game in what the season will be about, and that it was hard fought, said Baylor head coach Scott Drew. I thought both teams defended. We shot 37 percent and they shot 40 percent. I think both teams feel that they could have played better and done things better. The teamms stayed close through the first part of the first half until Lester Medford hit a pair of 3-pointers two minutes apart to give Baylor a 23-16 lead with 8 1/2 minutes left. http://www.nbalanceshoesuk.biz/new-balan...0-uk.html. Oklahoma came right back with a jumper from Thomas and a pair of 3s from Hield to take the lead back a minute later. With the score tied late in the half, Thomas made another bucket and Cousins closed the half with a jumper to give the Sooners a 37-33 lead at the break. Leading by two, the Sooners got seven straight points, with Cousins 3-pointer giving the team a 46-37 lead just over four minutes in. Baylor tried to keep up and kept the game close, but Hields 3-ball with just over six minutes to play gave the team a 58-46 lead, and the Sooners cruised from there. Game Notes Oklahoma plays at Texas on Monday ... Baylor hosts Kansas on Wednesday ... The Sooners shot 40.7 percent and grabbed 40 rebounds, while Baylor made 37.3 percent of its attempts, and nabbed 35 boards ... Oklahoma has dominated the series with Baylor, 42-11. Cheap Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys From China Authentic China Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys China Cheap NHL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys ' ' ' cheap jerseys uk
nfl jerseys cheap
Cheap NFL Jerseys Stitched
cheap NFL jerseys
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинйоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоtuchkasинфоинфо
Referentni URL