Mojauto.rs Forum

Puna Verzija: closing out the match with his 10th
Trenutno pregledate lite verziju foruma. Pogledajte punu verziju sa odgovarajućim oblikovanjima.
WASHINGTON -- Tim Duncan scored a season-high 31 points Wednesday night before fouling out in the second overtime, and the San Antonio Spurs beat the Washington Wizards for an NBA-high 16th time in a row, holding on for a 125-118 victory. Patty Mills scored 11 of his 23 points in the two overtimes for the Spurs, who havent lost to the Wizards since a 110-95 defeat on Nov. 12, 2005. The Spurs moved ahead of Miamis 15-game domination of Charlotte for the longest current team-vs.-team streak in the league. Duncan also had 11 rebounds, and Danny Green added 22 points for San Antonio, but Tony Parker left at halftime with tightness in his lower back and did not return. The Spurs, 2-0 in the early days of their nine-game rodeo road trip, were already without Manu Ginobili (tight left hamstring) and Kawhi Leonard (broken left hand). John Wall scored 29 points, and Bradley Beal had 19 for the Wizards, who were trying to shatter their second longstanding barrier in a week. On Monday, they beat the Portland Trail Blazers to move above .500 for the first time since 2009. Duncan fouled out with 4:13 remaining, but Green hit a 3-pointer to give the Spurs a 122-117 lead with 1:16 to go. The Wizards went 0 for 11 from the field in the second extra period. The Spurs blew a seven-point lead in the first overtime, when Wall scored six points in the final 10.2 seconds. Wall stole an inbounds pass and made a layup with 1.4 to go to force another five minutes of basketball. The Spurs trailed by 17 in the first half. Wall got off to a strong start, shooting 6 for 8 for 14 points in the opening period. San Antonio committed seven turnovers in the first quarter, six in the second. A steal by Wall turned into a fast-break dunk by Beal that gave the Wizards their biggest lead, 55-38, late in the half. The score was 62-48 at the break -- the most points allowed by the Spurs in the first half this season -- but Duncan took over in the third, scoring 14 of his teams first 21 points. San Antonio played a turnover-free quarter, and Cory Josephs jumper gave the Spurs their first lead since early in the first. Garrett Temples buzzer-beater put the Wizards ahead 83-82 headed into the fourth. Duncan tied it at 99 with 1:02 remaining, the final points of regulation. NOTES: As a student of Russian culture, Spurs coach Gregg Popovich offered some thoughts on the Winter Olympics in Sochi. "One would wonder with everything thats going on why it would be put in a dangerous spot, when you think about the Caucasus and that area and whats going on," he said. "At the time when the Olympics were won it wasnt maybe as much in the forefront in everybodys mind. Since that time a lot of things have happened, and you could almost make the case of Where is it not dangerous in the world?" ... Popovich said his wife will make him watch figure skating during the Olympics. "Very honestly when they fall I feel awful for them," he said. "Just like somebody missing two free throws at the end of a basketball game and they go home and want to jump off a building. ... I dont care what country it is, it just drives me crazy so I cant watch. I turn away like its a horror movie." Cristian Roldan Sounders Jersey .500 on the season. The Jets are now 0-5-1 in the second game of back-to-backs. The game started the same way the Vancouver game started the night before, with the Jets taking the first two penalties of the game and killing off the first, but the Oilers getting on the board first, scoring on the second man-advantage. Marco Pappa Sounders Jersey . Spiller left Week 3s 27-20 loss to the New York Jets with a thigh injury, but fully practiced with the team all week and expects to be ready to go on Sunday. http://www.seattlesoundersteamshop.com/A...rs-Jersey/ . The defence is doing its part, too. Drew Brees threw a pair of touchdown passes in the first half and the guys on the other side made sure that was enough, sending the Saints to a 17-13 victory over the Atlanta Falcons on Thursday night. Gonzalo Pineda Sounders Jersey . Two pressure cooker bombs exploded near the finish line of the April 15 race in an area packed with fans cheering the passing runners. Three people were killed and more than 260 injured, including at least 16 who lost limbs. Leonardo Gonzalez Sounders Jersey . Thats about all he can do right now, so hes trying not to think about when he might be able to play again for the Los Angeles Lakers.LONDON -- Roger Federer fought back Saturday to reach the semifinals in the ATP World Tour Finals. On the back of a poor season, the 17-time Grand Slam winner overcame a 3-0 deficit in the third set to beat Juan Martin del Potro 4-6, 7-6 (2), 7-5 to reach the semifinals for the 11th time. The Swiss earned a chance to prove that -- despite his aging legs, aching back and recent lack of consistency -- he can still beat rival Rafael Nadal, his semifinal opponent. "I just have to have the right mindset to give it one last go, maybe play with a little less pressure than I have in previous matches with him," Federer said. "I just feel like I need to look at it more as being an underdog a little bit because of circumstances, because of my year, because of his year. Maybe that free swinging is what I kind of need to do a little bit more tomorrow." The 32-year-old Federer has endured a tough year and the elite event is his last chance to win a big title in 2013. Federer has just four victories against top-10 opponents in 2013 and has not beaten Nadal since 2012. The top-ranked Spaniard leads 21-10 in their head-to-head series, but Federer is 4-0 on indoor hard courts, having secured all four wins at the ATP Finals. Nadal, who returned to tennis in February following a seven-month layoff due to a knee injury, clinched the year-end No. 1 spot this week in a season in which he won the French Open and the U.S. Open. In London, the Spaniard qualified from his group unbeaten. "We know each other that well. Hes going to do exactly what he needs to do, Im going to try to do what I need to do," Federer said. "Hopefully its going to match up good for me. If not, he deserves it. Hes had a wonderful season." Novak Djokovic, who beat Richard Gasquet 7-6 (6), 4-6, 6-3 in his final round-robin match to extend his winning streak to 20 matches since his loss to Nadal in the U.S. Open final in September, will face Stanislas Wawrinka in the other semifinal. Federer won only the grass-court event at Halle, Germany, in June.dddddddddddd. He regularly lost to unseeded opponents and secured his qualification for the Finals at the last minute. "The goal is always to win every tournament. But I think I had to be slightly more realistic in recent weeks and months," Federer said. "I knew that sometimes just getting a few rounds into the bag was positive." Both Federer and del Potro needed a win to progress from Group B and treated the crowd to a tense and entertaining back-and-forth match. Federer trailed in all three sets. Only once in 12 appearances has Federer failed to advance to the last four at the season-ending tournament for the top eight players. He struggled to return del Potros big serve in the first set and committed seven forehand mistakes as his rival opened up a 5-1 lead. Capitalizing on more Federer errors, del Potro broke again in the third game of the second set. The Argentine looked set for an easy win but failed to build on the momentum, double-faulting as Federer levelled at 3-3. Federer then gradually took the upper hand with a brilliant display at the net and played a nearly prefect tiebreaker as del Potro crumbled. Federer clinched the set with an ace. But Federer again started sluggishly in the decider, allowing del Potro to break as he hit two consecutive weak forehands. But the blip was temporary and, once again, his rival could not take advantage of his inconsistency. At 3-1, del Potro saved a break point but fluffed a forehand on the second one, bringing Federer back into the match. Hitting more confidently toward the end, Federer broke to go up 6-5 and saved a break point in the next game before closing out the match with his 10th ace. "I think I got two chances to win the match," del Potro said. "But in the end you have to be focused and to find the winners. I made the mistakes, and he was there really focused to take the chance." The mark of the champions. cheap nfl jerseys cheap jerseys cheap jerseys cheap jerseys cheap nfl jerseys wholesale jerseys ' ' '
Referentni URL