Mojauto.rs Forum

Puna Verzija: hree straight games
Trenutno pregledate lite verziju foruma. Pogledajte punu verziju sa odgovarajućim oblikovanjima.
DETROIT -- A picture of Jim Leylands face stared out from the video board at an empty Comerica Park, next to that familiar Olde English "D" and a message that said simply: "Thank You Jim. Nike Free Run Dam Rea ." After eight seasons managing the Tigers, including three division titles and two American League pennants, Leyland stepped down Monday. His voice cracking at times, his hands wiping away tears at others, he announced his departure two days after Detroit was eliminated by Boston in the AL championship series. "Its been a thrill," the 68-year-old Leyland said during a news conference at the ballpark. "I came here to change talent to team, and I think with the help of this entire organization, I think weve done that. Weve won quite a bit. Im very grateful to have been a small part of that." Leyland made his managerial debut with the Pittsburgh Pirates in 1986, and from Barry Bonds to Miguel Cabrera, hes managed some of the sports biggest stars and been involved in some of baseballs most memorable games over the past quarter-century. In 1992, his Pirates lost Game 7 of the NLCS when Atlanta rallied in the bottom of the ninth inning. Five years later, Leyland won his only World Series title as manager when his Florida Marlins beat Cleveland in an 11-inning thriller in Game 7. Hes experienced some of the highest highs the game has to offer, but also endured difficult rebuilding periods in both Pittsburgh and Florida. After one season with the Colorado Rockies, Leyland didnt manage at all from 2000-05 before Detroit hired him. Leyland led the Tigers to the World Series immediately after taking over in 2006, losing to St. Louis in five games. The Tigers went to the World Series again in 2012 but were swept by San Francisco. Leyland worked under one-year contracts the last couple of years, saying he was content to wait until after the season to address his status. He was reflective late this season, mentioning to reporters that he had already managed the Tigers longer than he had expected they would keep him, but he also said in September that he still loved the atmosphere, the competition and his team. In fact, hed actually told general manager Dave Dombrowski in early September that he didnt want to return as manager. He expects to remain with the organization in some capacity after going 700-597 as Tigers manager. "Im not totally retiring today, Im just not going to be in the dugout anymore," Leyland said. "I hope and pray that you give the next manager the same respect and the same chance that you gave me." Leyland says his health is fine, but its time to stop managing. He said he started weighing his decision around June. "I started thinking this was getting a little rough. I thought that the fuel was getting a little low," Leyland said. "I knew that Id get through it because I knew wed be playing for something." The Tigers figure to contend again next year, which may lead Dombrowski to look for a proven commodity who can come in and manage. Kirk Gibson, who led Detroit to the 1984 World Series title as a player, is now managing in Arizona, but Diamondbacks president Derrick Hall tried to quash any speculation that Gibson would return to the Tigers. "We would not grant permission (to the Tigers to talk to Gibson) if asked because we want him here, and he told me this morning he has no interest in leaving," Hall said. Detroits players found out about Leylands departure after Saturday nights game in Boston, where the Red Sox won Game 6 to take the series. "Youve got your head down, you lost and the seasons over, and then Jim dropped that bomb on us," outfielder Torii Hunter said. "I just had a feeling that it could have been his last year. All year, he was kind of emotional, and I just felt it." Leyland said there was no announcement Saturday because he wanted the focus to be on the victorious Red Sox. However, he was honest about how much this defeat hurt. "With all due respect to the Boston Red Sox -- who earned it, they won it, they deserve to be where they are -- I truly believe the Detroit Tigers should be playing here tomorrow," Leyland said. "This is one thats going to stick with me, this is one that really hurts, because I really felt like we let it get away." When Leyland arrived at the Tigers spring training camp this year, it marked 50 seasons since he first showed up there as an 18-year-old prospect. His playing career never amounted to much, but his accomplishments as a manager over more than two decades have been impressive. He is 1,769-1,728 overall during stints with the Tigers, Pirates, Marlins and Rockies. "I had sent him a text yesterday morning, just to congratulate he and the organization," Boston manager John Farrell said. "Not only on a great team and a great year, and express the respect we have for him and certainly personally have for him throughout his career. To see the announcement today, and listen to him and know that early September this was clearly in his mind, that surprised me." When Leyland took over the Tigers, they had gone 12 years without a winning season. During his tenure, they finished under .500 only once. Detroit has become one of baseballs glamour teams of late, with stars like Cabrera, Justin Verlander and Max Scherzer helping the team win games and draw fans. Cabrera won the Triple Crown and MVP award last year. Verlander won the MVP and Cy Young Award the previous season. "Its been as much fun for me to manage Ramon Santiago as it has Miguel Cabrera, Justin Verlander," Leyland said. "Now in saying that, it was also an honour to manage the Triple Crown winner, an MVP, a Cy Young winner." The Tigers should be able to keep their core of players mostly together for next season, but now theyll need to find a new manager to replace Leyland, who always earned high marks for his ability to keep his veterans focused. "He really cares deeply about his players," utility man Don Kelly said. "When you go out there, the way he treats you, you want to run through a wall for him, go out there and get a win. Thats the way he treated me. He treated everybody like that." Nike Air Max 90 Rea . The NFC East rivals hope to save face Sunday night at FedEx Field. You can see all the action on TSN beginning at 8pm et/5pm pt. Washington is a disappointing 3-8 on the season and has lost three in a row, including Monday nights 27-6 drubbing at the hands of the San Francisco 49ers in the first of three straight games in D. Nike Air Max 1 Dam . In Winnipeg, the Jets kick off their exhibition schedule when they host the Minnesota Wild at MTS Centre.First-year coach Willie Desjardins wants consistency from the Vancouver Canucks, and theyve had a great deal of it against the Calgary Flames. The Canucks go for a 10th straight victory over the Flames as they try to wrap up this five-game homestand above .500 on Saturday night. Listen to the game live on TSN Radio 1040 in Vancouver starting at 5pm pt. Chris Higgins returns to the Canucks line-up after missing the last game due to illness. Frank Corrado could make his season debut on defense, although there was no official confirmation after a light optional skate. Neither Canuck netminder took part in this mornings session but Ryan Miller is expected to make his second straight start in goal. Vancouver (23-13-3) is on a 5-6-2 stretch, which includes splitting eight games at home after giving up three unanswered goals in a 3-1 loss to Florida on Thursday. One thing I always want to be is consistent. I dont think theres any reason you cant play a certain way, Desjardins said. I dont think we were sharp the whole night. We dont seem to be able to be consistent. The Canucks certainly are against Calgary (21-18-3), winning nine straight meetings. Theyre also 13-1-1 in the last 15 home matchups, taking eight in a row after winning 3-2 on Christopher Tanevs goal 18 seconds into overtime Dec. 20. Daniel Sedin scored for just the second time in 12 games Thursday, but that stretch also includes nine assists with two coming against the Flames last month. The star left wing, who leads the team with 36 points, has 79 in 77 career regular-season meetings for his highest output against any opponent. Henrik Sedins 73 points in 80 games versus Calgary rank second in his career against any team, and hes compiled 15 of them in the past 11 matchups. Radim Vrbata hass a goal in each of the two this season. Nike Air Max 90 Vt Camouflage. Vrbata, though, had a three-game goal streak end Thursday after an illness forced him to miss Tuesdays 3-2 win over the New York Islanders. The Flames are opening a five-game road trip after losing the last three of a six-game homestand. They failed to finish that stretch above .500 after a see-saw 6-5 loss to Florida on Friday, falling for the 11th time in 15 tries (4-10-1). T.J. Brodie and Matt Stajan had two goals each against the Panthers after going a combined 30 games without one. Brodies eight goals on the season are a career high and double his previous mark set last season, when he had a personal-best 31 points. Hes three back of that mark in 2014-15, and among the NHLs highest scoring defensemen. The Flames Mark Giordano, who assisted on a goal by Brodie on Friday, is tied with Kevin Shattenkirk of St. Louis with 36 points for the most by a blueliner. Giordano, though, has two points in 11 career games at Vancouver, while Brodie has none in eight. Rookie Johnny Gaudreau, however, is already finding success against the Canucks, scoring two goals in three matchups after netting one Dec. 20. Gaudreau is tied with Jiri Hudler for the team lead with 13 goals, and he has five in the last four road games. Its unclear if Jonas Hiller will be back in net after making 29 saves Friday. Hes lost three straight games - two starts - with a 4.16 goals-against average, but has only started on back-to-back nights once. That could mean Joni Ortio getting his season debut after being recalled from Adirondack of the AHL on Thursday to replace the injured Karri Ramo, who has an upper-body injury. Ortio went 4-4-0 with a 2.52 GAA last season, making 12 saves in a 2-1 loss at Vancouver on March 8. Cheap China Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys From China China NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Cheap Jerseys China ' ' ' Cheap NFL China Jerseys
сайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайт
сайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайт
сайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтtuchkasсайтсайт
Referentni URL