Mojauto.rs Forum

Puna Verzija: was saved by Tokarski, but the rebound bounced
Trenutno pregledate lite verziju foruma. Pogledajte punu verziju sa odgovarajućim oblikovanjima.
Got a question on rule clarification, comments on rule enforcements or some memorable NHL stories? Kerry wants to answer your emails at cmonref@tsn. Cheap Warriors Jerseys .ca! Hi Kerry, I love the column, keep up the good work! It doesnt make me more sympathetic to bad calls by the refs, but it sure explains a lot! On Tuesday, Zach Bogosian and Lars Eller just went off to the Sin Bin together - Bogosian for interference and Eller for embellishment. How come the refs always call two penalties? I see it a lot - hooking and diving, tripping and diving. If someone dives, how can the other player be penalized too? Just doesnt add up to me. Keep up the good work! David ReimerGo Jets Go! --- Can you please clarify? These are two that I witnessed, but Im sure there are other folks around the league wondering the same. 1) Semin gets clotheslined by Ovechkin. Ovie gets a penalty but Semin gets the embellishment.2) PHX-CAR on Sunday afternoon. Pivotal time of game. Ruutu gets tripped. Power play gets nullified by embellishment call. From a fans perspective, this is how it should be played out: If there is a penalty, it should matter not how a guy reacts to the penalty. If there is no penalty called and someone embellishes to try to draw one, call embellishment. Just dont call both. 99% of the time, no one would be flopping around if they didnt feel victimized. Perhaps if there were a few embellishment penalties called when there is no other penalty, embellishment would work its way out of the game. Either there is a penalty or a faked one. Make a choice and go with it. I just hate it when someone is victimized and the refs feel like the player didnt react gracefully enough and it wipes out the PP chance. These, as Ive seen, can be game-changing events and shouldnt happen. Thanks in advance for your thoughts. Your column rocks! - Fraser Van Asch David and Fraser: (My nephew, David Fraser lives in Sarnia, Ontario!) I can understand fan confusion, even to the point of frustration when a legitimate infraction worthy of a power play is nullified with a subsequent embellishment penalty. While Davids point seems logical (if there is a penalty it should matter not how a guy reacts) individual player integrity and ultimately that of the game must be upheld. As a Referee I view embellishment as an outward act of "cheating" and I always found it personally offensive whenever a player tried to fool me or bring the wrath of hometown fans against me and my colleagues. I always maintained a mental list of players whose uniforms were often wetter on the outside from splashing around than on the inside from perspiration. It was a list a player had to skate his way off through honest play. There wasnt a penalty for embellishment in those days so it was important for the Ref to have his radar up when a known offender hit the ice. Dino Ciccarelli flopped on me four times in the same corner of Joe Louis Arena in a span of 15 seconds one game. He looked like a pin-ball bouncing up as quickly as he went down. Needless to say he didnt draw a penalty in spite of his efforts or through the deafening roar from the partisan Red Wing fans! Oh, how I wish we had a diving penalty back then! The cheat-to-win attitude has evolved to include an ever expanding list of embellishers. It really detracts from the integrity of the game and has become a negative component that needs to be eradicated. There are two ways to do that; the Refs must continue to enforce embellishment with a firm standard and assess a standalone penalty whenever the opportunity is presented. Second to that, offenders names need to be published when the Hockey Operation Department flags them under Rule 64.3 (Fines and Suspensions) whether a penalty was called on the ice or not. For those unaware of Rule 64.3: "Regardless if a minor penalty for diving/embellishment is called, Hockey Operations will review game videos and assess fines to players who dive or embellish a fall or a reaction, or who feign injury. The first such incident during the season will result in a warning letter being sent to the player. The second such incident will result in a one thousand dollar ($1,000) fine. For a third such incident in the season, the player shall be suspended for one game, pending a telephone conversation with the Director of Hockey Operations. For subsequent violations in the same season, the players suspension shall double (i.e. first suspension - one game, second suspension - two games, third suspension - four games, etc.)" This rule certainly has some teeth but we never know if or when it is being enforced. I watched each of the infractions that David and Fraser offered as examples in their question. - Zach Bogosian reached with a free-hand to restrain Lars Eller and the Montreal forward folded backward to the ice like a $3.00 suitcase. - David Schlemko put a hook on Tuomo Ruttus hands that resulted in a jump in the air with both skates. If the pond wasnt frozen there would have been a big splash upon Ruttus entry! - Alex Ovechkin really clocked Alexander Semin in the chin with high hands. The Canes would have a legitimate beef with this embellishment as Semin was trying to duck at the moment of impact and not draw a penalty. From the Refs angle he thought otherwise. The bottom line is that the Referees have their instructions and their radar is honed in on embellishment. Im good with that and hope that before too long players will fight to stay on their feet for fear of nullifying a power play opportunity. New rule suggestion: Make the embellishment a double minor penalty. Maybe then all players uniforms would be wetter on the inside from perspiration. After all, its supposed to be a mans game in the NHL. Manchester United Jerseys China . Bennett, the first-overall pick in the 2013 NBA Draft, finished with 13 points, a game-high 14 rebounds and two assists. Wiggins, the first-overall selection in this years draft, scored 13 points to go along with three rebounds and two blocks. Soccer Jerseys China . 7 Boise State to a 36-14 defeat of Wyoming at Bronco Stadium. Moore completed 24-of-36 passes, including an improbable Hail Mary touchdown to Matt Miller at the end of the first half, and finished with 279 yards.HAMILTON, Ont. -- The St. Johns IceCaps weathered a wild first period with the help of goaltender Jussi Olkinuora, before finding offensive inroads in the second. Olkinuora made 16 saves in the first period, and 30 overall, for his first professional shutout, as the IceCaps defeated Hamilton Bulldogs 3-0 Saturday in American Hockey League action. The goaltender deflected attention from his own accomplishment, and instead complimented his teammates on their recent form. "It feels good," said Olkinuora of his shutout. "But more importantly, it feels good to win again. Its a lot of fun. "The guys have found a way to play effectively and be tough to play. Weve been making smart decisions with the puck, and its fun to play behind these guys." Kael Mouillerat, Carl Klingberg and Eric ODell scored for the IceCaps (15-10-3). Dustin Tokarski stopped 36 shots for the Bulldogs (12-12-3) . The Bulldogs got the better of an entertaining first period in which both teams enjoyed quality scoring chances. A giveaway at the defensive blue line by Hamilton winger Nick Tarnasky gave Jerome Samson room to operate along the right wing. The St. Johns forward moved in to the hashmarks and released a rising wrist shot that beat Tokarski but rang off his near post. Just over ten minutes into the first period, another Tarnasky giveaway sent the IceCaps into the Bulldogs zone on a 2-on-1 break, but Tokarski was alert in sliding to his left and snaring the one-time shot with his glove. Tarnasky found himself in the spotlight once again with 4:17 to play in the first period, when he enjoyed Hamiltons best opportunity to score the games first goal. A cross-ice pass found him posted just outside Olkinuoras crease at the right post, but Tarnasky couldnt corral the puck, and the goaltender recovered and sprawled to deny the chance. Olkinuora enjoyed the heavy workload in the opening period, and argued that it helped him to find his rhythm on Saturday. "You could say that it gets you into the game," he said. "Every game is different, but I do enjoy games where you can get into the action pretty early and often. Obviously, I dont tell the guys that." The IceCaps enjjoyed a lengthy two-man advantage early in the second period, as Maxime Macenauer was whistled for slashing at 2:43 and Mike Blunden followed with a delay of game infraction 22 seconds later. Cheap Manchester United Jerseys. Tokarski was sharp in denying St. Johns on multiple occasions, as Hamilton held the visitors off the scoreboard over the course of the 5-on-3. There was little for the goaltender to do, however, when the IceCaps opened the scoring at 7:48 of the second period. Samsons initial slap shot was kicked aside by Tokarski, but fell to Mouillerat in the low slot, and he circled the fallen goaltender and slid a shot inside the near post as Tokarski dove unsuccessfully to meet it. The IceCaps made it 2-0 at 14:35 of the second, when Carl Klingberg converted his second breakaway opportunity of the game. Latching onto a loose puck in the neutral zone, the St. Johns forward shifted from his backhand to his forehand side and slid the puck past Tokarski. Hamilton coach Sylvain Lefebvre bemoaned his teams inability to gain momentum in the second period, even after successfully killing the two-man advantage. "We played well in the first, but in the second, penalties killed us," he said. "Usually when you kill a 5-on-3, you have good chances to win the game. We just couldnt get the momentum, and when you take too many penalties, it taxes some of the players and others sit on the bench and wait." St. Johns struck early in the third period to extend its lead to 3-0 and put the game out of reach. The initial point shot by Brenden Kichton was saved by Tokarski, but the rebound bounced to ODell, who easily slotted the puck into the open net at 3:54. Olkinuora made an exceptional save to preserve his shutout bid with 3:21 to play, picking Martin St. Pierres close-range wrist shot out of the air with his glove. The goaltender pointed to improved breakouts and decision-making as the factors that improved his teams play in the final two periods. "I think our guys made an adjustment and a push," said Olkinuora. "We had over 20 shots in the second period and its all because we found a way to go out of our zone cleaner, and we made smarter decisions." cheap nfl jerseys cheap jerseys cheap jerseys cheap jerseys cheap nfl jerseys wholesale jerseys ' ' '
сайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайт
сайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайт
сайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтtuchkasсайтсайт
Referentni URL